1 tablespoon Holsum
2 chicken sausage , diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ -1 teaspoon red chili flakes (depending on your heat preference)
1 bunch fresh baby spinach
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 can crushed tomatoes
3 cups vegetable stock
Fresh ground pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the Holsum in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken sausage and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, oregano and chili flakes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach, and cook, stirring continuously until the leaves are completely wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook, uncovered for 15 minutes. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with freshly grated Parmesan if you like.
- Posted by Hu392ds
- On July 28, 2017
- 0 Comments