2 cups flour
2 cups whole-wheat flour
2tsp instant dry yeast
2tsp brown sugar
2tbsp Crispa Gold oil
2- 2½ cups warm
Crispa Gold Oil for deep frying
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add the Crispa Gold oil and then water bit by bit until you get the consistency of a soft bread dough. The mixture must still be quite sticky.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and gently knead for 5 minutes. You may need to add a little more flour over the top of the dough to prevent it sticking to your fingers.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl and cover with a cloth and set aside in a warm spot until the dough is double in size.
- Softly flatten the mixture on a lightly floured board and cut out circles with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- Depending on the size cutter you use, you should get approximately 18 vetkoek out of the dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for another 15 minutes.
- Deep frying Crispa Gold a few vetkoek at a time until golden brown over a medium/low heat. The vetkoek should turn themselves in the oil, if not, turn manually.
- Posted by Hu392ds
- On July 28, 2017
- 0 Comments